Devestator_X & V8_Girl - 1983 Camaro Z28

Location for anyone to show off their Camaros and whats in them!
devestator_x

Devestator_X & V8_Girl - 1983 Camaro Z28

Post by devestator_x » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Some pics from when we first bought the car. I still have the louvers in the garage and will probably be putting them back on the car sometime soon.

Other pics can be spotted on our Facebook page in the Rosners Album.

Other F-Bodies that We've owned in the past while living in NH. No where near as nice as this one, but still 3rd gen Fbodies none the less...

The 1982 Trans Am

The 1989 Camaro RS... IROC Clone....

1986 Camaro IROC-Z, this was a real one... with a major oil leak and rusted out floor boards... only had it for a month before I sold it.

Also had a 96 Z28, but didnt seem to photograph that one... too bad, that was a decent car.
Last edited by devestator_x on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

devestator_x

Re: Devestator_X - 1983 Camaro Z28

Post by devestator_x » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:10 pm

1st Annual Sunshine State Camaro Rally pics

Yeah I was in the Loudest Stereo Competition. Picked a bad song that was recorded at too low of volume. Buying some new speakers before the next rally and hope to do MUCH better.

devestator_x

Re: * Devestator_X - 1983 Camaro Z28

Post by devestator_x » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Skipped out on the show today, but had a decent reason. Our new MB Quart component speakers came in last night. Spent about half the day installing them. Pulled out some ancient Pioneer 6x9s (Im guessing circa 1989) and found some of the wiring had been rubbing on some bare metal and actually cut through one wire completely! Glad it didnt short out my new head unit.

I must say I am very impressed with the sound quality. I've had quite a laundry list of different brand speakers in various cars, but these are by far the best sounding speakers I have owned as far as clarity goes. I've had Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood and even Infinity. Up until the now the best I had heard was a pair of Polk Audio 6.5" components I helped a friend install in his Integra.

I now have a new issue... you see the front speakers are Panasonics from roughly the same era as those Pioneers I pulled out. It all sounded OK if I faded the balance to about +6 rear to help the fronts manage a bit under some of the bass. Also turned the bass down to -3 to stop distortion and just let the JL Audio sub fill in. Well, now... these new speakers let you hear exactly how bad the fronts sound. I have it set to +10 rear now and its good, but I know with new fronts, it will sound 100x better. Maybe in another month or so, they will be replaced.
Last edited by devestator_x on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 pm

A friend of mine back home is a professional graphic designer. Spoke with him last week about designing a small display board to show with the car in an 8-1/2 x 11 size. This is what he came up with... I like it a lot. Captures the 80's feel while explaining details of the car. Just have to get it printed out on nice paper and get a frame for it this weekend.

The text is editable by him, so when we change or add things, it's easy to do.

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 pm

New Pics of the LED lighting... interior got a little loving too.

devestator_x

Re: Devestator_X & V8_Girl - 1983 Camaro Z28

Post by devestator_x » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 am

New update with the interior recolored...

"build" thread...
http://spacecoastcamaros.com/scc/viewto ... ?f=5&t=986

As you can see in the pics above, the speaker covers are black as well, these last 2 pics were taken before they were dyed, but show all the rear plastic parts.