MY NEW RUBY, TOTALLY WICKED!!

Open SCC Discussions
1JEWLDSSRS

MY NEW RUBY, TOTALLY WICKED!!

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Mon May 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Well I got back from Ft Lauderdale last Thursday afternoon with my "reborn" Ruby, and maaaaann let me tell you, she is a BEAST now ! OMG what a different car! I really loved to drive her before and didn't think much about how much MORE fun she could be to drive, until I did the cam swap/AFM-DOD delete and LS3 conversion AND a 3200 stall converter from TCS. WOW am I impressed with the power and torque she has now. I was in a hurry to get outta Oakland Park, (very bad neighborhood) from what I am told, spent 4 days down there and was very nervous the entire time, that I forgot my dyno sheet!
I called my tuner to get the numbers and they were 465rwhp and 470rwtq at 6800rpm's. Redline is set at 7000 he told me. If I had a stick car the number he said would have been 495rwhp, so Dion I told you the wrong number. Sorry. And I have the biggest cam we could get without messing with PTV clearance. We used the TSP Stage 3 cam package, 231/246 with 112 LSA, 643/615 lift and man does it make the Camaro rock and roll!! Feels awesome and she pulls like a freight train shot out of a cannon! The shop owner Erik said that if I get some good drag radials on there and pull a good 60ft she would run low 11's! I said, WHAT?? And he said yes it would, so we will have to check that out for sure. Well all, hope you had a great weekend and see ya soon.

Cheers !! Wayne :dance: :dance:

Dion.Rentos

Re: MY NEW RUBY, TOTALLY WICKED!!

Post by Dion.Rentos » Mon May 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Cant wait to hear it :-)

1JEWLDSSRS

Re: MY NEW RUBY, TOTALLY WICKED!!

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Tue May 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Yea she is a rock and roll machine now, sounds like that guys white 1LE with all the work done to it, except mine has mufflers and he usually has his baffles open so his is louder, but now mine is too..