MY NEW EXHAUST.

Open SCC Discussions
1JEWLDSSRS

MY NEW EXHAUST.

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 am

OK guys, I went from LT's with an off road mid, no cats and a Magnaflow unresonated xpipe and no mufflers, and it was wicked loud and was just way too much for me. I originally had a Dynomax 39494 axle back on there before I did the 1LE conversion with the dual quads, had to take that off because the mufflers were configured in such a way I couldn't use them with my quad tips, so we straight piped it.
After the install of the resonated xpipe and they started the car they couldn't believe the difference, I liked it, they also liked it,sounded almost just like the Dynomax I had on there but a bit louder, a good louder.At idle the car has that low rumbling growl that sounds good and beefy, driving in sport mode the car upshifting sounds pretty aggressive, which I love and cruising around town the sound is nice and quiet so you can carry on a conversation with whom ever is with you, or listen to your tunes, cruising the interstate there is no drone, just some sound behind you to let you know the power is there.
I like to drive in sport mode using the tapshift up and down and boy does that sound great, listening to the sound of the exhaust is VERY aggressive, and WOT,,, man she REALLY comes alive with great powerful sound, kinda old school muscle car sound, really gets some attention! I can't believe how much the xpipe quieted down the exhaust cause it was SO loud, but now it is perfect! Calm when you want to sneek around and pretty loud when you want it to be. If I had to compare it to an old school sound the first thing that comes to mind is a 70's Chevelle big block with headers and the old Thrush "torbo" mufflers.. Remember those ??

Woodley99

Re: MY NEW EXHAUST.

Post by Woodley99 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:58 am

Awesome! Glad it turned out sounding great!
I straight piped mine this past Friday, and it sounds badass and just like my racecar used to sound! But it is WAY to much for a Dailey and has alot of drone. I'm gonna see if I can just hold glasspack mufflers up there to see how it sounds, if not just put the flowmaster back on. Glad yours turned out good! Those quad tips look sick!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Woodley99 wrote:Awesome! Glad it turned out sounding great!
I straight piped mine this past Friday, and it sounds badass and just like my racecar used to sound! But it is WAY to much for a Dailey and has alot of drone. I'm gonna see if I can just hold glasspack mufflers up there to see how it sounds, if not just put the flowmaster back on. Glad yours turned out good! Those quad tips look sick!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks friend ! Yea I'm lovin it, sounds pretty nice to me. I couldn't stand it driving her EVERY day with the super loud, so down I went. lol. What do you still have in your system that you have drone? When mine was straight piped for the week I took it out on the highway and the interstate and cruised upwards of 70-75 and mine had NO drone, just the exhaust sound behind me, non of that "bunch of bees in a tin can sound" that is the drone. Also did you go to that shop I went to and have it piped ? And if you want, ride with me again and listen to mine inside and out with the new setup and maybe you will like that. Just let me know. Cheers.

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:35 pm

OK here are some pics of the finished install..

Love the NEW look !! :dance: :dance:

Robert.Evenson

Post by Robert.Evenson » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Wow!!! That looks killer. I sort of wish I would have went that way. But, its going to be along time before I change.