Mod Install

Open SCC Discussions
winterboy8

Mod Install

Post by winterboy8 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:37 pm

So I've searched the forum and either I suck at searching or it's not on here. Looking for a local shop to install my headers. I'm considering Rosner, as I purchased there, but have heard stories of not-so-great work done there. I'd prefer not to go to regular shop as I like to keep my ZL1 in shape and it's not just a normal car to me.

Anyway, look forward to hearing some suggestions.
Elite 2 CC, VMAX, Roto-Fab CAI, ARH LT, JRE tune

Dion.Rentos

Re: Mod Install

Post by Dion.Rentos » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:24 pm

If you become a member of SCC you get a Discount of 15% at Rosner.

Also we have other ZL1's getting headers there i believe. No reported issues.

Need to talk to Dave(unssafe) i think he did that at Rosner and ChuckstaCamaro got headers done at another dealer.

winterboy8

Post by winterboy8 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Nice, that's good to know. I did have my car there just a week or so back and they said they could do it. Any suggestions on asking for a particular tech? I'll go look at membership process now.

Thanks

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:14 pm

winterboy8 wrote:Nice, that's good to know. I did have my car there just a week or so back and they said they could do it. Any suggestions on asking for a particular tech? I'll go look at membership process now.

Thanks
Hey there Mr. Winterboy8,, when ever I have any major mods done I usually have Clint do them. He is the most knowledgable and he works on all the vettes and performance cars..He's good...And you can tell him I said that, cause he just is..Good luck.. :clap:

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:20 am

Winterboy8, i see you wanted to Join SSC.

Check out the SCC ByLaws @
http://www.spacecoastcamaros.com/scc/vi ... =28&t=1489

Also to become a member there is a $25 Initial Dues for the first year. you can pay to any officer or Committee directors.
Or even on the Web site portal page there is a Paypal link ( Would be $26, extra $1 for paypal fees)

once the dues are in would we give you Member access to the SCC web site.

Thanks

winterboy8

Post by winterboy8 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks 1JEWLDSSRS for the info, I think Dave did my rear diff work and so far so good. I have an appt next week to get them installed, I have tuner showing up at my door tomorrow from Jannetty, so I'm fairly confident once both are installed, I should be running well.

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:25 pm

winterboy8 wrote:Thanks 1JEWLDSSRS for the info, I think Dave did my rear diff work and so far so good. I have an appt next week to get them installed, I have tuner showing up at my door tomorrow from Jannetty, so I'm fairly confident once both are installed, I should be running well.
Hey there, glad to hear you have a tuner from Jannety Racing,the know their stuff with these cars. I spoke with the owner, Ted Jannetty several times about performance mods I was going to do to my Camaro and he helped me make some choices for when I decide to pull the plug. As for the hand held tuner you are getting from him, the tune will be good I'm sure, but the are ALL the same for every car depending on the year and mods done, such as LT's,,off road mids,,CAI,,and a ported TB.

I have done a lot of looking and reading and asking questions about tuning these cars, especially the L99 as to what's the best. My suggestion is that when you can, do a custom dyno tune. Every one of these cars is as individual as we are and no 2 act or run the same so whereas the "canned" tune will be good, a custom dyno tune is much better, you can dial the car in to where you like to drive it. When Josh at Lashway tune my car he asked me what I was looking for, and I told him and he did it, great guy.

After he tuned it we went for a ride and he had his laptop hooked up to it so he could make some adjustments to the tranny and the timing to be where I wanted it. Great job the car is a beast ! I picked up 35 rwhp, the most he said put down on his mustang dyno from a L99..Well good luck sir in you quest for HP and hope all goes well. Hope to meet ya sometime..